Monday, October 02, 2006

playing along with the music

born musician
born musician
: looking a little intense!

Another entry by Kristin...


As you may recall from an earlier entry by Graham, Fern has been very responsive to music of late, particularly Music Together songs. At times, it has almost seemed as though she's requesting music---on her changing table one night, I had forgotten to play her bedtime songs (part of our nightly routine), and she started moving her hands up and down as if to remind me, and was delighted when I turned on the CD. She's even started transferring this response to other music; her favorite of late is "Little Shoemaker" which is a song my mom used to sing while rocking me to sleep. We've even started playing piano together; she sits on my lap and pounds on the keys, clearly enjoying the noise she produces!

Related Photos on Flickr :
File Under :